Come prepared to #CreateLeadInspire by participating in this year’s Tennessee DECA and FBLA Fall Leadership Camp on September 6-9, 2018 at Camp Widjiwagan in Antioch, Tennessee. Members from DECA and FBLA will discover leadership in new and exciting ways. All attendees will stay in cabins, furnished with bunk beds for the students and twin beds for the advisers. Registration is limited to the first 150 registered attendees.
Date and Location
September 6-9, 2018
3088 Smith Springs Road, Antioch, Tennessee 37013
August 1-25, 2018 (Registration will close on August 25 at 5:00 p.m. CT.)
$175 per attendee (includes lodging for three nights, camp activities, and meals from dinner on Thursday through breakfast on Sunday morning)
All payments are due by August 31, 2018. Please include a copy of the registration invoice with your chapter's check, which should be made payable to Tennessee FBLA with FBLA-3000 in the memo line.
PAYMENT MAILING ADDRESS:
Tennessee FBLA (Attn: Steven J. Mitchell)
Andrew Johnson Tower, 11th Floor
710 James Robertson Parkway
Nashville, Tennessee 37243
Student and Advisor Sessions
Professional development sessions will be offered by Tennessee Department of Education career cluster program managers.
STUDENT TRAINING SESSIONS:
Trainer: Chris Tuason, TN FBLA State Officer Coach
Vice President's Track
Trainer: Zach Buchanan, TN DECA State Officer Coach
Trainer: Ty Rickard, FBLA Southern Region Vice President
Trainer: Dylan Heneghan, DECA Southern Region Vice President
Social Media Correspondent's Track
Trainer: Bailey Ford, TN Dept. of Education CTSO Intern
Additional student training sessions will be facilitated by the Tennessee state officers!
2018 Tentative Camp Schedule
Talent Showcase Information
We will have a talent showcase on Saturday night. Please bring any props and music that will be needed to showcase your talent. Sign-ups will be available during registration.
TALENT SHOWCASE GUIDELINES:
TALENT SHOWCASE GUIDELINES:
- Anyone attending the camp is eligible to participate in the talent showcase. (Advisors are welcome to participate.)
- Participants must sign-up for the talent showcase during onsite camp registration. Participants will be asked for the lyrics to all songs, whether they are to be performed or are supporting elements of the performance. Only songs with clean, powerful, and positive messages will be allowed at the talent showcase.
- Song lyrics/dances must not be offensive or crude.
- Performances may not exceed five minutes.
- Talents will be reviewed on Friday. You must attend this session to participate in the show on Saturday night.
- Talents must be performed in an appropriate manner suitable for a young businessman or businesswoman.
- The camp dress code must be followed during the talent showcase.